Stress, genetics, age, environmental factors may all contribute to the loss of natural glow, elasticity, & firmness of our delicate facial features leading to fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin. In addition, with time, some of the rigid structural components of our face, such as fat, muscles, bone, lose volume to contribute to signs of ageing.
Sagging skin, loss of cheekbones, retraction of the jawline and descent of the nose are some of the signs we may face at some point in time. Dermal fillers are injectable components that support our structural elements to reduce fine lines and lost volume for a firm and youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers, also known as injectable implants, soft tissue fillers, lip and facial fillers, or wrinkle fillers, are FDA-approved medical implants for use in the face, cheeks, chin, lips, and backs of the hands to create a smoother and fuller appearance.
Dermal fillers can be made of synthetic materials or of natural origin. Hyaluronic acid is one of the most commonly utilized dermal fillers (HA) ingredients. HA is a naturally occurring component in our skin that aids in hydration and volumizes our skin. HA fillers can last from six months to much longer before being gradually eliminated by the body, depending on their chemical makeup.
Aside from their natural appearance, one of the main advantages of HA fillers is that they may be eliminated with a particular solution in the event of an unpleasant reaction. In addition, most HA fillers come pre-mixed with lidocaine, a numbing agent, to ensure that patients are as comfortable as possible throughout treatment.
Calcium hydroxylapatite, poly-L-lactic acid, polymethyl methacrylate, and fat that is transplanted from another part of your body are among the additional dermal fillers available.
Human bones naturally contain calcium hydroxylapatite, a mineral-like substance. It has a lengthy history of usage in dentistry and reconstructive plastic surgery, with a proven safety record. Poly-L-lactic acid is a synthetic filler that aids in the formation of collagen. This filler differs from others in that it has progressive results; volumization happens over several months as the body is stimulated to manufacture collagen. A semi-permanent filler is polymethyl methacrylate. While it is more lasting than other more easily biodegradable fillers, it can cause problems such as lumps and be visible beneath the skin.
Dermal fillers are used for the following purposes:
- Nasolabial folds (lines extending from the sides of the nose to the margins of the mouth) and perioral lines,
- Moderate to severe facial wrinkles and skin folds (small wrinkles in the skin around the mouth and lips).
- To augment volume in lips, cheeks, chin, and back of the hand.
- Only nasolabial folds and cheek acne scars are permitted for non-absorbable (permanent) fillers.
- Correction of flaws in the shape of the face, such as wrinkles and acne scars.
- Deep under-eye circles.
- Please avoid blood-thinning drugs and supplements for one week before your appointment for best outcomes and to reduce bleeding or bruising at the injection site. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Aleve, Garlic, vitamin E, Ginko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and omega-3 capsules. Please consult your doctor before discontinuing aspirin use if you have a history of cardiovascular disease.
- For two days before treatment, avoid topical creams containing Tretinoin (Retin-A), retinol, retinoids, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, or other “anti-ageing” ingredients.
- Don’t drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours before or after your treatment to minimize excessive bruising.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, allergic to components, or have any neurological issues, you should avoid using dermal fillers.
How does it work
- The skin is cleaned thoroughly with an antiseptic solution.
- A numbing cream is applied to minimize any discomfort to the patient.
- Fillers are applied through injections into the higher dermal layers of your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no severe side effects of dermal fillers when administered correctly. However, some redness, swelling, and bruising might happen in rear cases. In addition, the filler might leave an impression under the skin as a tiny bump in some cases.
Results from dermal fillers depend on individuals and may differ from person to person. Generally, the effects last as long as 18 months after treatment.
It is recommended that the patient is physically healthy and fit. People who do not smoke are good candidates for dermal fillers. People who have immune problems or who have diabetes should avoid fillers.
Depending on skin sensitivity, the effects vary from patient to patient. However, there may be mild red spots at the injection site, but they heal quickly. Overall, the discomfort from fillers is very minimal.
Age distorting your facial profile? Time-proof every feature with dermal fillers.
We use US FDA approved dermal fillers, which are; Voluma & Volbella.
Juvederm Voluma is a hyaluronic acid-based face filler. Hyaluronic acid is a natural molecule that aids in binding water to cells. In addition, its considerable cross-linking contributes to its excellent lifting capacity, making it a perfect choice for restoring cheek and midface volume.
Long chains of sugars found naturally in the skin are used to make HA fillers. The HA in Juvederm Voluma is cross-linked using a technique called Vycross, which helps to give excellent lifting ability. Voluma lasts nearly twice as long as other fillers thanks to its unique cross-linking, which helps to prevent deterioration. According to studies, it can persist for up to two years. It can also be sculpted and shaped into the appropriate contour after injection because it is a HA filler.
Volbella is Juvéderm’s newest FDA-approved injection. Volbella, which is made possible by the unique Vycross technology, has been shown to soften and fill lines in most patients over a year. Vycross technology is an Allergan-developed proprietary filler technology that produces smooth dermal filler solutions that have been created to address specific patient issues.
Before and After
Why to Choose Sasha
Our service milestones and customer satisfaction narrate an encouraging success story, establishing us as the best skin clinic.
3000+ CLIENT SATISFACTION
EXTENSIVE ONE-ON-ONE CONSULTATION WITH DOCTOR
WELL TRAINED & CERTIFIED THERAPISTS
Our Clients Love
Some best words from our beloved clients. It’s always encouraging to know that our clients loved our services as it keeps us going even more enthusiastically